Ethix is a publication of the Center for Integrity in Business in the School of Business and Economics at Seattle Pacific University, featuring in-depth Conversations with notable leaders.
The editors believe ethics is about more than not doing wrong or protection from mistakes; ethics is about doing right. Sound ethics must build into the mission of the business--a commitment to do the right thing, not just to avoid the wrong thing.
Past conversations have included CEOs of Fortune 50 multinational corporations, CEOs of smaller companies worldwide, academic presidents, technology leaders, and a few critics. Interviews include executives from Coke, Verizon, NBC, Ford Motor Company, Pittron Steel, Wal-Mart, to name a few.
Access their interview archives here.
The goal for these Conversations is to capture good approaches to tough issues, in addition to gaining insight into the character of leadership.
Other standard features of Ethix include:
- Technology Watch: insight into technology trends relevant to business
- InReview: comments on relevant books and films
- Ethics@Work: advice for handling particular business ethics dilemmas
- News Notables: excerpts about ethical issues in the news with editorial comments
- Best Practices: highlighting a model business practice
- Update: new developments on featured companies or individuals
- Forum: readers’ response to Ethix questions
- Letters: response from our readers
- Guest essays