Closing the Gap Between Sunday & Monday
The Sunday before Labor Day is a natural opportunity to remind people that God is present everywhere and cares about what they do on Monday just as much as He is present and cares about what they do on Sunday. Here are some ideas and resource links for emphasizing this message:
- Have people dress in their work clothes for church.
- Consider a commissioning ceremony to affirm and pray for your congregation’s impact for God’s Kingdom in their workplace. For a free sample commissioning service download go to LaborDaySunday.com.
- Use Colossians 3:22-4:6 as the text for a sermon about work. For other sermon outlines go to LaborDaySunday.com.
- Ask people to write on 3×5 cards the names of workplace colleagues for whom they are praying. Commit to pray for these individuals as a pastoral staff.
- Begin the habit of praying for workplace concerns in the pastoral prayer each Sunday.
For more free resources incuding free videos, six session curriculum and bulliten inserts go to LaborDaySunday.com.