Bubba Watson won the 2012 and 2014 Masters using PING irons, giving John Solheim another reason to smile. John is Chairman and CEO of PING, as well as a LeTourneau University Trustee and former LeTourneau student. In 2014 PING earned 15 gold awards in Golf Digest's "Hot List" -- more than any other brand for the third straight year.
Both John and Bubba give God the glory for their success. Watch the video interview below to learn how John believed in Bubba's potential early on, and how he leads PING, keeping the family's commitment to "run the business to glorify the Lord."
Read Bubba's faith story on Billy Graham's site.
- Have you ever thought of golf as a way to glorify God?
- John said Proverbs 3:5-6 is the guiding principle of their business dealings. What does this passage say about work? How does God guide your decisions?
- John says he thought of himself as an “in between.” What does he mean, and how did his kidney transplant change his perspective of life and work?
- How does prayer fit into John’s work at PING?
- John mentions that he wakes up with thoughts in the middle of the night. Read what David said about this in Psalm 16:7-9.
- PING is known for quality. How does faith influence the quality of your work?
- Some call designing clubs for wounded warriors “corporate social responsibility,” but John calls it “honoring God.” How should doing good, whether anyone knows about it or not, fit into your work and business? What good can your company pursue?
- What would it look like for you to run your business to glorify God?