How the Center for Faith & Work Serves Students
Though Christianity has always been viewed with skepticism by some, its image is noticeably slipping among young people. According to Barna Group research, just 16 percent of non-Christian emerging adults, ages 18 to 30, say they have a “good impression” of Christianity, and one-third of young churchgoers perceive Christianity as "out of touch with reality."
As a leader in Christian education, LeTourneau University is uniquely positioned to help students connect the dots between faith and work. While this has been historically a key component of a LeTourneau education, through the Center for Faith & Work a comprehensive strategy for the academic and biblical integration is in development, along with exceptional programs for students that foster the integration of faith and work.
Compelling research; state-of-the-art online library and resources; biblical integration of faith and work in all courses; new classes, workshops, and equipping opportunities offered by the Center for Faith and Work will:
- Educate a new generation of leaders who effectively integrate their Christian faith and daily work.
- Articulate the importance of our daily work to God and how it fits into His plan for the human race.
- Clarify the strategic nature of the workplace for evangelism in America and world missions abroad.
- Help students discover their calling, understand the unique contribution God created them to make, and grow in.
- Maximize the strategic resources and influence of the workplace for gospel-centered social, economic, and spiritual transformation.